Southampton and Newcastle go head-to-head tonight within the first EFL Cup semi-final and we’re taking a complete look forward by placing collectively this information, full with the newest crew information, stats and some of our personal predictions.
Southampton vs Newcastle United Preview
Southampton progressed to the competitors’s semi-final stage after beating Pep Guardiola’s Manchester Metropolis 2-0 at St. Mary’s Stadium because of targets from Sekou Mara and Moussa Djenepo.
The brand new arrival of Nathan Jones as Ralph Hasenhüttl’s alternative has not been a seamless transition, nevertheless the Saints did handle to choose up an enormous away win at Everton on January 14.
Newcastle United knocked out Tranmere Rovers, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Leicester Metropolis to e book a semi-final place and are having fun with a powerful season beneath Eddie Howe throughout the board.
The Magpies are firmly in rivalry to win a spot in Europe subsequent season and sit third within the Premier League desk, simply six factors adrift Manchester Metropolis in second after 20 video games performed.
Newcastle have saved extra clear sheets than targets conceded this season pic.twitter.com/N4oqBrgM5b
— ESPN UK (@ESPNUK) January 23, 2023
Southampton vs Newcastle United Team News
Southampton will miss Stuart Armstrong, Juan Larios and Valentino Livramento on Tuesday evening however Theo Walcott and Armel Bella-Kotchap are each inching nearer to returns from damage.
Southampton predicted XI: Bazunu; Lyanco, Caleta-Automobile, Salisyu, Walker-Peters; Diallo, Lavia; Edozie, Ward-Prowse, Djenepo; Mara
Jonjo Shelvey, Matt Targett and Emil Krafth are all confirmed absentees for the travelling facet, who drew 0-0 with Crystal Palace on Saturday night.
Newcastle predicted XI: Pope; Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn; Longstaff, Joelinton, Willock; Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Isak
Southampton vs Newcastle Head-To-Head Stats
- Met simply as soon as within the League Cup earlier than, 1969 Southampton 4-1 Newcastle
- Performed within the Premier League this season, Southampton 1-4 Newcastle
- Newcastle are at present 4 video games unbeaten vs Southampton
- 6 of the final 8 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Newcastle have scored 2+ targets within the final 4 head-to-heads
- Each groups scored in 6 of the final 8 head-to-heads
- Newcastle have received 3 of their final 4 away video games at Southampton
- Southampton have received simply 1 of their final 6 dwelling video games vs Newcastle
- 5 attracts within the final 17 head-to-heads
- 9 of the final 16 head-to-heads went OVER 3.5 GOALS
- James Ward-Prowse (Southampton) has scored in 2 of the final 4 head-to-heads
- Bruno Guimaraes (Newcastle) has scored within the final 2 head-to-heads
Southampton vs Newcastle Prediction
Newcastle are heavy favourites for this encounter and rightfully so, Howe has this facet ticking and competing with the likes of Manchester Metropolis, Manchester United and Spurs for a Champions League place.
Southampton have regarded higher in current weeks and picked up three straight wins towards Crystal Palace (FA Cup), Manchester Metropolis (EFL Cup) and Everton (Premier League) earlier than falling to defeat towards Aston Villa on the weekend.
Three of the final 4 conferences between the pair have been Newcastle victories, with one other pending in tonight’s conflict.
Our Prediction – Southampton 0-3 Newcastle
The put up Southampton vs Newcastle United Preview, Team News, Head-To-Head Stats and Prediction appeared first on Sportslens UK.