Liverpool head coach Arne Slot has said he is not affected by speculation over Trent Alexander-Arnold‘s future amid reports the defender is closing in on a move to Real Madrid.
Alexander-Arnold — alongside teammates Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk — is out of contract at Anfield this summer.
Last week, a source told ESPN that Madrid are “very optimistic” of signing the 26-year-old on a free transfer, though a Liverpool source told ESPN that no deal has yet been finalised.
In a news conference on Tuesday, Slot refused to be drawn on the rumours, insisting Alexander-Arnold is focused on working his way back from injury.
“His situation is unfortunately that he’s injured,” Slot said. “For him, that means he is fully focused on his recovery. We’ve never been focused on those talks. We’ve always been focused on what to do.
“It’s a situation that’s been there for eight or nine months now. All those players have done so well under the circumstances. It doesn’t affect me at all.”