There have already been eight penalties thus far in Qatar on the 2022 World Cup, and we’re but to see a crew play twice.
Lots has been stated about controversial selections thus far this match, and it was at all times sure to occur with VAR enjoying a serious half in selections made.
I'm sorry to bash a referee however lacking three nail on penalties in play isn't ok in a world cup. One was corrected by VAR, however Canada ought to've had three penalties on this recreation and so they've simply been given one. Unacceptable at this degree
— Siavoush Fallahi (@SiavoushF) November 23, 2022
Right here’s how they’ve gone thus far:
- Enner Valencia (scored) – Qatar vs Ecuador
- Mehdi Taremi (scored) – England vs Iran
- Gareth Bale (scored) – USA vs Wales
- Lionel Messi (scored) – Argentina vs Saudi Arabia
- Robert Lewandowski (saved) Poland vs Mexico
- Ilkay Gundogan (scored) Germany vs Japan
- Ferran Torres (scored) Spain vs Costa Rica
- Alphonso Davies (saved) – Canada vs Belgium
Total Penalties Awarded At Every World Cup
The primary World Cup was in Uruguay again in 1930, and quick ahead 98 years we’ve seen a grand whole of 253 penalties together with Qatar 22 (thus far) and the quantity is anticipated to rise much more. Roy Keane, believes that there will probably be a “record number of penalties” this winter (watch until finish).
Souness v Keane: The gloves are off!
— ITV Soccer (@itvfootball) November 22, 2022
- 1930, Uruguay – 4
- 1934, Italy – 5
- 1938, France – 5
- 1950, Brazil – 3
- 1954, Switzerland – 7
- 1958, Sweden – 10
- 1962, Chile – 8
- 1966, England – 8
- 1970, Mexico – 5
- 1974, Germany – 8
- 1978, Argentina – 14
- 1982, Spain – 10
- 1986, Mexico – 16
- 1990, Italy – 18
- 1994, USA – 15
- 1998, France – 18
- 2002, Korea/Japan – 18
- 2006, Germany – 17
- 2010, South Africa – 14
- 2014, Brazil – 13
- 2018, Russia – 29 (present document)
- 2022, Qatar – 8 (thus far)
With eight penalties in simply 16 video games thus far in Qatar after only one spherical of video games, by the top of the group levels after every crew has performed 3 times that might be anticipated to triple to 24 in 48 video games. By finish of play after 64 video games, we may see no less than 32 penalties, in a 32 crew match, averaging one each two video games.
Associated World Cup Articles
- See all the most effective World Cup betting gives and promotions for 2022
- Finest 2022 FIFA World Cup betting websites
- Try the 2022 FIFA World Cup odds and newest betting markets
What Are The Largest World Cup Wins | Top 6 Highest Scoring Video games
For those who’d prefer to guess on penalties, or another World Cup markets – then take a look at our finest betting websites.
The submit How Many Penalties Have There Been In Every World Cup? | Qatar 2022 Projected To Break Record appeared first on Sportslens UK.