We provide you with 4 key Thyestes Chase developments to assist slim down your seek for the winner of Thursday’s Gowran Park 3m 1f contest – a race that coach Gordon Elliott has a staggering 50% of the 18 runners entered.
Thyestes Chase Trends: Four Key Stats to Have In Your Nook
The Grade A Thyestes Handicap Chase is all the time a aggressive affair, and this 12 months is not any completely different with 18 Thyestes Chase runners declared to run at Gowran Park this Thursday.
It’s additionally a race that’s typically billed as a Grand Nationwide trial too.
Nonetheless, despite the fact that many winners have headed to Aintree later within the season we’re nonetheless to see a horse win each contests in the identical marketing campaign. That stated, each Hedgehunter, who received the Theystes Chase in 2004 and Numbersixvalverde (2005), did go onto change into Grand Nationwide winners later of their careers.
12 months in the past the Martin Brassil-trained Longhouse Poet received the Thyestes Chase and went onto end a good sixth within the 2022 Aintree Grand Nationwide behind Noble Yeats.
Let’s check out our 4 greatest 2023 Thyestes Chase developments to take into the race.
1. 65% Of The final 20 Winners Carried Simply 10st 9lbs or Much less
Being a handicap chase, then weight carried is all the time a very good place to start out. Within the final 20 runnings of the Thyestes Chase we’ve had 13 winners carry simply 10st 9lbs, together with the final two winners Coko Seashore (10-6) and Longhouse Poet (10-9).
If this stat is to be backed-up once more, then the highest 11 Thyestes Chase runners on the cardboard would fall down right here – Escaria Ten, Pencilfulloflead, Fastidiously Chosen, Coko Seashore, Gabbys Cross, Frontal Assault, Braeside, Espanito Bello, Defi Bleu, Lieutenant Command and Punitive.
2. Favourites Have a 20% Strike-rate Within the Final 20 Runnings & 65% Report Of Inserting
Contemplating the aggressive nature of the race it’s not been too dangerous a contest for the market leaders lately with 4 of the final 20 profitable (20%). Whereas, this proportion will increase to 65% if simply searching for the favorite to be positioned.
3. Respect Something Coach Willie Mullins Runs
The highly effective Willie Mullins yard have received the Thyestes Chase 8 instances up to now – greater than every other secure. Their most up-to-date successes within the race got here solely in 2019 (Invitation Solely) and 2020 (Total Recall), whereas since 2014 in addition they received the race with the well-known pair On His Personal and Djakadam.
Mullins has three runners entered in 2023 with Fastidiously Chosen, the trip of most important secure jockey Paul Townend, Egality Mans and Captain Kangaroo. Whereas he’s additionally acquired two of the three reserves in Rambranlt’jac and Stones And Roses.
It’s additionally price noting coach Gordon Elliott as he’s received the race twice since 2018 and of the 18 runners he’s acquired half the sector working in his title.
4. A Run In The Final 4 Weeks Appears Essential
Coming into any horse race match and off the again of a very good latest run is most of the time a giant plus and this is applicable once more right here. Within the final 20 runnings we’ve seen 90% of Thyestes Chase winners having raced throughout the final 4 weeks.
This may imply we’re searching for horses that ran within the final 28 days (or so) as all the time greatest to offer these age stats a little bit of respiration area. With that in thoughts, something that’s run 35 days of extra in the past would actually have this stat to beat, together with Escaria Ten, Pencilfulloflead, Coko Seashore, Braside, Espanito Bello, Punitive, Dunboyne and Darren’s Hope
Thyestes Chase Trends in Full
- 20/20 – Gained by an Irish-based secure
- 18/20 – Irish bred
- 18/20 – Had received between 1-3 instances over fences (guidelines) earlier than
- 18/20 – Had raced throughout the final 4 weeks
- 15/20 – Had received over a minimum of 3m (fences) earlier than
- 15/20 – Aged 9 or youthful
- 13/20 – Positioned favourites
- 13/20 – Carried 10-9 or much less
- 11/20 – Completed unplaced final day out
- 10/20 – Got here from the highest 3 within the betting
- 10/20 – Aged 7 or 8 years-old
- 9/20 – Had run at Gowran Park over fences earlier than
- 9/20 – Returned a double-figure worth within the betting
- 7/20 – Raced at Leopardstown final day out
- 7/20 – Educated by Willie Mullins (received the race 8 instances in all)
- 5/20 – Went onto run in that season’s Grand Nationwide (all failed to complete)
- 4/20 – Successful favourites
- 3/20 – Gained final day out
- 2/20 – Ridden by Danny Mullins(2 of the final 6)
- 2/20 – Gained by a earlier winner of the race
- The typical profitable SP within the final 20 runnings is 10.5/1
What Date & Time Is The 2023 Thyestes Chase?
Time/Date: 2:50pm (Thurs twenty sixth January)
Racecourse: Gowran Park
TV: RTE2 / Sky Racing
Current Thyestes Chase Winners
- 2022 – LONGHOUSE POET (9/1)
- 2021 – COKO BEACH (9/1)
- 2020 – TOTAL RECALL (16/1)
- 2019 – INVITATION ONLY (4/1 fav)
- 2018 – MONBEG NOTORIOUS (7/2 fav)
WATCH: Longhouse Poet Successful The 2022 Thyestes Chase at Gowran Park
Associated Horse Racing Content material:
- Finest Horse Racing Free Bets Gives at UK Sportsbooks – Top Horse Racing Bonuses for 2023
- Top Free Horse Racing Ideas & Recommendation for UK Betting Today
- Free Horse Racing Fortunate 15 Ideas for Today – Finest Fortunate 15 Wager Today
- Today’s Racecards – View Horse Racing Playing cards Today
- Horse Racing Outcomes Today – See All Current Race Outcomes & Winners
- The Finest Cheltenham Betting Websites for 2023
- The Finest Grand Nationwide Betting Websites for 2023
The put up Four Key Thyestes Chase Trends To Help Find Thursday’s Gowran Park Winner appeared first on Sportslens UK.